Curio has scores of features that you can use to maximize your productivity!
Here’s a central index of all of Curio’s key features with links to details elsewhere in the documentation, separated by our Standard and Professional editions.
- Freeform idea space notebook environment.
- Rich text figures with support for bundled and personal figure styles.
- Embedded and aliased files, images, PDF’s, audio, videos, Mail messages, web links, and web views.
- Mind mapping with styles, arrangements, boundaries, date roll-ups.
- Lists from simple styled to complex hierarchical lists, numbered or bulleted.
- Albums of photos or documents, such as PDFs, with optional captions.
- Index cards for organizing ideas.
- Tables with headers and footers.
- Pinboards for freeform groupings.
- Stacks for Kanban-style task tracking.
- Flowcharting shapes for idea graphs, diagrams, and prototyping.
- Sticky lines with arrowhead styles; straight, curved, or orthogonal.
- Record audio and video notes, insert YouTube/Vimeo videos.
- Markdown rendering plus extensive markdown import and export.
- Idea space templates and figure stencils plus Stencils shelf for quick access.
- Figure meta including checkmarks; percent complete; tags; start, due, duration, done, plus smart date calculations; priorities; ratings; resources; notes; plus custom click actions.
- Status bar to view/edit figure meta data.
- Search and Quick Find to find and jump to idea spaces and figures with simple or sophisticated queries.
- Resample image to optimize format, compression, dimensions, and/or DPI.
- Brush and pen sketching with support for iPad+Apple Pencil via Sidecar.
- Import/Export as text, image, PDF, HTML, CSV, OPML, and popular 3rd party mind map formats.
- Custom app icons, a fun new perk for sustainers to enjoy.
- Organizer sections for independent divisions in larger projects.
- Journal templates and section for auto-sorted daily meetings or classes.
- Integrated equation editor for LaTeX, AsciiMath, or MathML rendering.
- Spread PDF to spread the pages of a PDF across multiple idea spaces.
- PDF Mirror live export of your project.
- PDF Table of Contents in exports.
- Table of Contents list or mind map.
- Sync tasks to Calendar and Reminders.
- Focus mode to help you concentrate on specific figures or branches.
- Bundled appearance themes to change the look of your Curio interface.
- Sleuth window and Sleuth shelf for easy, one-click Internet research.
- Evernote integration for quick access to your notes in the cloud.
- TaskPaper import and export and OmniOutliner Pro OPML import.
- Automatic project backups.
- Synced figure instances where copies of figures across a project share content and meta (transclusion).
- File-backed text figures display the content of embedded or aliased rich text or markdown files as text figures.
- Query-based collections allow you to create list, mind map, or stack collections that contain the dynamic results of a query, like
due<2w or #active.
- Figure layers allow for more flexible layouts and arrangements.
- Cross references, with custom types like Agree and Evidence, can be created between figures, idea spaces, and web locations for more organized research.
- Status shelf for easy cross-project task tracking at a glance.
- Master figure styles and stencils, master idea space styles and templates, and master markdown styles for dynamic updates throughout a project.
- Presentation mode for group brainstorming sessions, plus Present in Window for remote window sharing.
- Custom variables for use throughout your projects.
- Custom figure data allows custom keys and formatted values to be associated with your project figures.
- Custom sharing actions to export to other apps via URL schemes.
- Custom appearance themes to fine-tune the look of your Curio interface.
- Custom project backup settings.
- External project library to support Spotlight searching of project assets.
- External repositories for sharing styles, stencils, and templates with colleagues.
- Regular expressions support when searching in the Search shelf.
- Project password for project security.