Curio 9.4.6 Release Notes
March 30, 2015
Curio 9 runs on macOS Mavericks (10.9) or Yosemite (10.10).
New Project Creation
The File > New menu item will now allow you to quickly create a new project containing a chosen initial idea space style or template.
You can also still create a new project based on a project template using the renamed File > New From Project Template menu item.
- Now bundling a new HTML export template entitled White which displays idea spaces on a white background with no gradient or shadowing.
- Now showing the inspector shelf by default when you create a new, untitled project.
- Mind maps now have a default title: Central Topic.
- Tweak to Organizer folder coloring so displayed folders are much more visible on Yosemite.
- Updated Getting Started with a section on Idea Graphs / Connected Figures.
- You can no longer group/ungroup figures within a pinboard. Previously this was possible but it turns it the technique was invalid and could result in a corrupted figure tree. It will take more substantial refactoring if we decide to support this in the future (in general, collection figures don't support grouping/ungrouping within the collection).
- Fixed crash which could occur when hovering over or clicking on figures that are 0 pixels wide or tall.
- Fixed crash when right-clicking on destination figure when jump anchors are pointing to it.
- Very minor fix on Yosemite so selecting the font size popover in the inspector bar doesn't result in odd redraw glitches for the text color control located to its right.
- Fixed annoying toolbar "bounce" when going into full screen mode on Yosemite.
- Fixed list style issue where a style where list prefixes, such as enumerators or bullets, didn't turn white when the text was white.
- Made Curio a bit smarter when validating a jump action to more gracefully recover issues which can arise when duplicating idea spaces with inner-idea space jumps.
- HTML export now handles idea spaces with carriage returns in their titles.
- Dragging a citation from Mendeley Desktop into an idea space now works correctly (we're ignoring the invalid URL on the pasteboard).
- Fixed an issue with the text highlight color well not handling the Shift key correctly to show the last chosen color.
- Idea space link figures now support captions more reliably.
- Fixed oddity where main splitter would move around when the user switched between idea spaces and folders or Organizer documents. Strangely this fix also took care of a seemingly unrelated issue where text could not be edited close to the splitter bar.
- Fixed a very minor drawing artifact with certain line arrowheads.
- Fixed an issue where figure stencil previews weren't getting drawn correctly for the gallery.
- Now cleaning pasted URL's a bit better to make sure there's no accidental whitespace before or after the URL text. This fixes an issue where OmniFocus included a new-line character tacked onto the end of their URLs.
- Fixed flickering issue when using the color picker.
- Fixed issue where HTML and idea space image export didn't render figure shadows.