Curio 1.0.2 Release Notes
February 26th, 2004
Curio 1 runs on OS X Jaguar (10.2) or above, with Safari.
- The default size for the idea space is now automatically determined based on the largest screen hooked up to the computer. For laptops in particular this should result in a huge performance boost.
- New keyboard shortcuts to select drawing tools: V=select, F=figure, T=text, L=line, B=brush, E=eraser
- Since E=eraser we remapped S to edge snapping (it was E).
- New Feedback menu item!
- You can now paste RTFD data into Curio! This is a mix of graphics and text usually copied from TextEdit or Safari. We turn the text into a text figure and separate all the graphics into separate image assets.
- Pressing Option-Delete or Option-Del on a selected asset figure in an idea space will give you the option of removing it from the entire project including other idea spaces and the asset Library.
- Sharing projects or PDF's via Mail is now working on 10.2.x thanks to some new AppleScript.
- Doing a Save As and checking "embed assets" is now working correctly.
- We now cleanly handle loading in invalid project files.
- Better handling of Page Step changes in the idea space's Page tab in the Inspector.
- Fixed lots of goofiness in the idea space's Page tab in the Inspector.
- Tweaks to the Edit Questions dialog in the dossier so it won't potentially lose changes.
- Better "dirty flag" handling when marking a project as modified.
- Tons of cleanup when handling undoing and redoing!
- Clicking after bringing up the control-click context menu when a drawing tool is selected will no longer crash.
- Minor changes to the dossier template descriptions to make them look a tad bit nicer.
- Transparency works when printing.
- Fixed a potential thrown exception when changing the font of a text region.
- The figure's Layout tab in the Inspector is now disabled when actively editing the text of a text figure.
- Fixed a potential thrown exception that could occur if the asset's path couldn't be resolved (aka an alias but the project was moved to another machine).
- Better error checking when adding assets.
- When dragging a selection of several figures they stop dragging when the boundry of the group hits the boundry of the idea space. This also fixed the redraw problems with dragging out a line endpoint or moving a line.
- Fixed issue when checking the minimum system when determining if a product update is available for the user.
- The grid settings in Preferences are now saved.
- Now paying attention to an image's DPI when determining the image size.
- Hiding Sleuth sites in the Preferences are now saved.
- Fixed redraw problem with deleting assets from Library when figures based on those assets are in a brand new idea space.