Zengobi Forums
Talk about all things Zengobi.

Click to go back to Zengobi

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

thanks for the great new tools

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Zengobi Forums Forum Index -> The Enlightened Ones
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mitchellm

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:47 pm    Post subject: thanks for the great new tools Reply with quote

I've been playing around with the new tools in Curio 5 for the past week and they really improve how I use Curio.

I'm sure I'll get to know other tools better, but personally the Spread PDF option has been fantastic! I'm now using it like crazy. This is one great kickass feature that helps me to be much more productive! (I'm not a student, but on the other end as a professor.)

I also really like the Idea Space Templates. It's very nice the examples you've posted on the community site. But it's also great that I can now set up a few standard (for me) "looks" and just use them over and over again instead of fiddling with each new idea space. Again, that helps me be much more productive.

I now use Curio everyday. But I do think some other people posting to this forum are on-the-mark for suggesting some screencasts of Curio.

Here's the problem (it seems to me) with Curio: it can do so many different things that it's hard to tell specifically what to use. For instance, it has drawing capabilities but it's not as capable as a true drawing program. I know it's not intending to be, but then it's hard for a potential buyer to get their head around why they'd want to use Curio. So, as suggested by others, a screencast (or a series) that shows very specific projects/tasks that can be done in Curio would be useful--mainly for you in attracting new customers. The manual lays out all the things Curio can do in general just fine. But a screencast that shows how Curio can help someone be more productive at a specific project or task would probably help current users , but also help potential buyers have their inner lightbulb turn on and go, "Aha, so that's how I'd use it!"

Truly, thanks again for the new tools in Curio 5. It makes the program come together in a much more useful way for me. Very very nice!
DaveGaddis

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 4:23 pm    Post subject: Curio 5.0 Screencast Reply with quote

I posted this in the other forum asking for a screencast as well. I took a shot at making a two-part tour of Curio 5.0. You can view them at www (dot) boundless (dot) me/BMTV/. You may want to consider downloading them first so they will play better. Let me know if you like it and I will work on some more targeted examples. Thanks...
mitchellm

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave: Thanks so much. Due to work, I won't be able to view them for a few days, but I've downloaded them and plan on a viewing in the next week!
DaveGaddis

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:31 am    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

No worries. I had to make them quickly because I am getting stationed in Germany. The move has been hectic. I am new to screencasting so any constructive criticism is most welcome. Thanks...
george
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really fantastic work, Dave! These are very nice overviews of Curio. I'm going to link to the YouTube versions unless you have some objections. They're lower res but then traffic won't swamp your site. Smile I'll definitely credit BoundlessMe for producing the videos. Awesome job!!!
DaveGaddis

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:42 pm    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

George,

Thanks. I will created a single version on my site, and clean up the resolution, so people can download the HD file if they want it. I appreciate the feedback and I love the software...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Zengobi Forums Forum Index -> The Enlightened Ones All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: